CCA COVID-19 Campus Safety Policies
***Notice: Based on LA County’s removal of the mask mandate for indoor activities at schools as of Friday, March 11th and our spotless On Campus COVID-19 record, I am extremely happy to announce that we have decided to lift the mask mandate for CCA indoor activities as of Friday, 12:01am March 11th. We will stay diligent in our desire to keep everyone at CCA safe and healthy by continuing to keep COVID-19 inoculation records for the Staff, Faculty, and Students, continue with temperature checks upon entry and ask for proof of vaccination or testing results if the need arises. We want to thank everyone in the CCA Community for abiding by our college mandates and restrictions and helping us get through this deeply difficult time in human history. We have a lot to be proud of and I’m hoping sometime in the near future we can all celebrate on campus together!
With the dynamics of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, these policies are subject to change as CDC, local, state, and national agencies update recommendations and guidelines.
CCA is thrilled and excited to welcome students back to the Los Angeles Campus. As always, our goal is to present a safe and comfortable environment for our students, faculty, and staff. Therefore, based on the reduction of COVID-19 restrictions by the city, state, and federal governments, we are also reducing the level of pandemic restrictions to allow access to our building. There will still be a few critical protocols we all must follow to keep our 100% COVID-free environment.
- The number of people on campus will be kept to a minimum.
- Vaccinated persons must show their vaccination card (if not on file already).
- Temperature checks will be taken upon entry to the campus.
NEW CHANGES TO THE COVID-19 POLICY AND PROCESS
- When returning to the campus for the first time during the week of January 31, all persons must provide a negative PCR test no more than 72 hours old.
- Starting Monday, February 7, 2022 all students, regardless of vaccination status, must submit a negative rapid antigen test result in order to attend any of their scheduled on-ground classes. Furthermore, the CCA COVID Compliance team will administer the rapid antigen tests directly on campus, so there will be no need for anyone to independently schedule a test in advance.
- All students with on-ground classes should plan to arrive on campus 30 minutes prior to class time, to ensure enough time for testing.
- Each week, vaccinated persons must take the antigen rapid test (provided on campus) and show a negative result. Those with positive results will not be permitted on campus and must retest in 5 days and show a negative test result to return.
For your convenience, the following testing sites are available for PCR testing:
- Flow Health’s Core program through Pierce College provides the ability to sign up and be tested without an appointment, and often without long wait times. Pierce College is about two miles from the CCA campus.
- Solv Health has several locations in the San Fernando Valley for both PCR and rapid testing.
We appreciate everyone’s support in taking the necessary steps to ensure a safe campus environment and are looking forward to a time when such stringent requirements are not necessary. Therefore, CCA will review this policy and process it every two weeks. We hope that the rate of infection, hospitalization, and fatalities will soon drop to levels that allow us to relax or eliminate these procedures while maintaining your safety.