1. Our faculty of working entertainment professionals will connect you first-hand with the craft and business of the entertainment industry.
2. Courses are designed to balance practical hands-on instruction with principle and theory so you’ll have the skills and knowledge to realize your personal vision.
2. Our degree programs immerse you in the full range of creative, technical, and business skills necessary to navigate the limitless entrepreneurial opportunities in a competitive business. You’ll have access to entertainment industry internships, employment opportunities, professional equipment, and real world experience.
3. Our L.A. location can help you launch your career from the center of the entertainment industry. Our graduates work at major film and television studios – including Fox, Universal Pictures, Warner Bros., Disney, Paramount Pictures, NBC, ABC, and CBS – cable networks, production companies, and other entertainment entities.
4. You’ll have all the benefits of a small private college, including personal attention from your instructors and a close-knit campus community of like-minded creatives.
5. Your Columbia College Hollywood education is more affordable than other area film schools, with advantages that include a comprehensive financial aid and scholarship program. Last year, we provided a total of over $5 million in tuition assistance to more than 80% of our students.
6. We’re a diverse community with students from all over the U.S. and the world who come from a wide range of economic backgrounds.
How can I estimate my costs?
We use a standard budget for financial aid purposes to ensure equitable distribution of resources. Some students will spend more than our estimates, and others will spend much less. The COA budget also serves as a ceiling on the amount of financial aid you can receive, including aid from grants, scholarships, and loans. You and your family may not borrow or receive funds in excess of their academic year budget.
To determine how much you may borrow in a private alternative loan, please subtract any other financial aid awards and loans that are already included in your award letter. The projected estimated annual cost of attendance (three quarters of 12 – 16 units per quarter) at Columbia College Hollywood consists of a combination of academic expenses and the expenses of living in college-sponsored housing. Again, keep in mind that the living expense estimate is just that: an estimate. If you live locally and commute to campus, the living expense portion of your estimate will be much less.