WHO YOU ARE
The High School Summer Program is for you if you:
- Are 15-18 years old at the time of enrollment
- Are passionate about the visual storytelling you see in films, television shows, video games, and streaming media
- Are passionate about graphic design & interactive media, or animation & digital art
- Want to gain college-level experience on our Los Angeles campus
- Want to earn college credit before you get to college
WHAT YOU’LL STUDY
The 2019 High School Summer Program is a two-session series of three-week courses. You can choose just one session or both that we’ve designed so you build a portfolio of experience in different aspects of the digital media arts.
Express your own creative vision by producing professional quality digital films using industry-standard gear and bring them to the big screen.
Discover what it takes to write professional-quality screenplays that are sought after by Hollywood producers, agents, and studio executives. You’ll dive into story structure and character development as you learn how to create memorable dialog, direct action with words, and convey your unique screen vision to your first audience: the reader.
Use professional tools like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to build a foundation using words, images, lines, and colors to develop an original corporate identity (logo) and promotional graphics for a company you create!
Challenge your storytelling skills in a whole new way through college-level acting studies in movement, voice, characterization, script interpretation, and improvisation.
After learning sketching and concept, you will be taught how to create a 3D model character that could be used in movies, apps, games, or a multitude of end products.
MEALS & HOUSING
If you need housing, we’ll arrange everything. You’ll live, study, and play with an amazing group of like-minded creative students and Columbia College Hollywood resident advisors in dorm-style housing. Your tuition fee includes includes three meals Monday to Friday and brunch & dinner on weekends. If you live close by and prefer to commute from home, your tuition fee includes lunch on campus Monday to Friday.
TUITION + HOUSING
3-WEEK PROGRAM TUITION ONLY
$3,295 – for commuter students
• Program course instruction & supervision – led by industry pro instructors and college alumni
• Daily lunch and snacks Monday – Friday • Industry Field Trips and Transportation • Guest Artist Workshops
• Supplies and Materials
3-WEEK PROGRAM TUITION + HOUSING
$4,995 – for tuition, room & board, and meals
• Resident Assistants & Tour Guide Supervision
• Daily Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
• Evening social activities & city exploration