Screenwriting Instructor & Teacher of the Year, 2006
- The Lot – Creator/Executive Producer/Writer
- Hi, Honey, I’m Home – Co-creator/Executive Producer/Writer
- TV Guide 50 Best Shows of All Time – Writer
- a.k.a. Pablo – Co-creator/Producer/Writer
- I Love Liberty – Writer
- Star of the Family – Creator
- You Again – Producer/Writer
- Valerie – Producer/Writer
- Here Come the Randalls – Writer
- Teddy – Writer
Education & Background:
- University of Minnesota
Rick Mitz has had an extensive career writing and producing network television shows as well as creating series such as “a.k.a Pablo” with TV legend Norman Lear. Rick is the author of The Great TV Sitcom Book(now in its 7th edition), and he is currently the Senior Vice President, American Programme Acquisitions for Britain’s ITV Network.
- Screenwriting 1 (F150)
- Screenwriting 2: Characters (F255)
- WGA Award (TV) – I Love Liberty
- Emmy Nomination, Outstanding Writing – I Love Liberty
- Writers Guild of America (WGA)
- British Academy of Film & Television Arts (BAFTA)
- The Great TV Sitcom Book. Putnam, Perigee, 1980-1991.
- The Apartment Book. Crown, 1982.
- Aim for a Career as a Writer. Richards Rosen Press, 1979.